Some weeks it’s hard to know what to blog about. My life is prosaic, and I value my privacy, and what, in the territory between those two realities, is worth sharing? Then I see somebody else dart forward with a simple, worthy why-didn’t-I-think-of-that idea, and I know for one week, if I’m willing to indulge in a bit of attribution, I’ve found my topic.
Author Vicky Dreiling writes a fun, warm hearted, Regency romance, and has many, many accolades to show for her efforts. She’s also one heck of a nice lady, and came out with a Facebook post this week along the lines of: Thanksgiving is coming. I’m posting one thing I’m grateful for every day this month.
Brilliant! And when wouldn’t that be a good idea?
So with a tip of the quill pen to Vicki, here’s a short list of things I’m grateful for, in no particular order:
1) Loving family of every description, including friends and pets, also strangers who help when they see the need
2) Health, enough health to (mostly) do for myself
3) A life where at least for today, the necessities are tended to: Food, clothing, shelter
4) Literacy and all that flows from it
5) The arts—music especially, but the visual and plastic arts too
6) A niche in the legal profession where I can be helpful to those disempowered by circumstances beyond their control
8) Weather. For reasons I don’t understand, I need the variability of weather and season to keep me moving forward
9) Imagination, for when all my blessings don’t feel like enough, and I need to grasp an image of happiness that’s not yet realized
10) You. You read my words, and that helps give my life a bit of its meaning. Last week’s posts about our pets reminded me of this emphatically. I’m grateful for you.
Your turn! To one commenter, I’ll send along a signed Advanced Reader Copy of “Lady Eve’s Indiscretion.”