After nearly two months of travel, I’m home, and in some ways, I’m having an “It’s a Wonderful Life” experience. I am so happy to be back in my funky little farmhouse, it feels like on one level, I’m back in my life because of where I am. Ten things I love about being home:
2) I can raid the yard for flowers whenever I please. This week’s special is hydrangeas.
3) I can wear summer writing clothes (nightie and flip flops) ALL DAY LONG.
5) Nobody eats my Ghiradelli dark chocolate squares when I’m not looking.
6) Nobody comes trundling around at 1 am and says, “Are you still up?”
7) I can pop into town and meet friends for brekkie, lunch or dinner–or all three if I feel like it.
9) I get to sleep in my own bed (with my personal sleeping kitty, Chloe Upstairs).
10) There are no lines to park between in my driveway, and no neighbor will come around asking if I know who owns that truck with the Maryland tags (seriously).
I could go on and on… The wild raspberries, the peace and quiet, the full moon rising over the ridge behind the house, the yard-visit with the neighbors when I take Sarge for a walk after dinner, the deer browsing the edges of the hay fields, the sound of the breeze swaying through the maples as night falls…
I love not only my life, but my life in this place.
What do you love about where you live? What do you think you’d miss most if you had to leave it?
To one commenter, I’ll send an audio version of “The Bridegroom Wore Plaid.”